- Thurs. July 25th | 5pm | Goleta Beach Area C
Student Lecturer Series - Matthew Wong and Takako Hirokawa
- Fri. June 7th | 12pm | Elings 1605
2019 Photonic Society Banquet
- Tuesday June 4th, 6pm // Corwin Pavilion @ UCSB
International Day of Light Lecture Series:
• Dr. DenBaars - GaN Photonics - Wed. May 15 | 12 pm | ESB 1001
• Dr. Jayaraman @ Praevium Research - MEMS VCSELs - Thurs. May 16 | 12 pm | Elings 1601
• Dr. Denault @ Fluency Lighting - Fri. May 17 | 12 pm | ESB 2001
Kareem Hamdy, the Outreach Committee Chair, presented the PhoSoc Outreach activities at ETOP 2019 in Quebec City on May 24th! Congrats Kareem!
Takako Hirokawa and Victoria Rosborough gave a talk at OFC!
Congratulations on being accepted for the talk!
The talk is titled “Value of Volunteering: Student Perspective”.
They spoke along with other women from IEEE Photonics Society and the Women Engineering Program at the Suzanne R. Nagel Lounge on Tuesday March 5th.
Check out the speaker schedule on the OFC conference website!
The paper about our outreach events was accepted for an oral presentation at ETOP!
Congratulations to everyone who helped make our outreach a success!
"15th Conference on Education and Training in Optics and Photonics, ETOP 2019"
have accepted your paper,
“Light-based educational outreach activities for pre-university students,”
for Oral presentation.
Authors: Kareem W. Hamdy, Takako Hirokawa, Philip Chan, Warren Jin, Victoria Rosborough, Eric Stanton, Andrew M. Netherton, Wendy Ibsen, Demis D. John, John E. Bowers
Symposium Dates: 21 - 24 May 2019
Symposium Location: Quebec City, Quebec Canada.
Get more involved by joining our Facebook group
Sign up for